Happy New Year, everyone!
In January 2013, I tried working on a set of faith goals I’d like to see accomplished by the end of the year. But as life got busy (especially when I found a new job), these goals eventually got buried in the everyday grind, and I forgot to resurrect them in time for 2014. What’s wrong also, I think, was that I worked on it all on my own, when the very title speaks for itself: Faith Goals. It should have been me and my God from the very start.
I want to try it again this year, and reading Rica Peralejo’s own list was the push I needed to finally sit down, look back at 2014, and believe for greater things this 2015. This is my year-ender and year-opener rolled into one.
–Things I’m grateful for/Highlights of 2014:
- Climbed my first mountain (Pico de Loro)
- Passion Manila 2014, and seeing David Crowder lead worship
- First time in Mindanao (Zamboanga City) for work, plus other work-related travels: Subic with health reporters, Bulacan with Ryan Macasero, and Pico de Loro with Rapplers
- Seeing Michael Gungor play his lovely, lovely music live
- Out-of-town trips and city escapades with family and friends
- My first solo trip to Tagaytay
- First youth camp for CRC outreaches, as led by SOULDiers
- Rappler, and the opportunity to pursue stories
- Not the best year for dramas, but it was not so bad as well. Out of 27 watched dramas (old and new), my favorites are: Dream High, I Hear Your Voice, Soulmates, In A Good Way, 9 End 2 Outs, Marriage Not Dating, It’s Okay It’s Love, I Need Romance 2012, and Misaeng.
- The never-ending love of my faithful God
–(Just some of my) Faith goals for 2015:
Disclaimer: I’m only listing down items I can share to everyone, because others are very personal to me.
- Write more about my faith (either in this blog or somewhere else)
- Live and breathe Joshua 1:8-9:
And don’t for a minute let this Book of The Revelation be out of mind. Ponder and meditate on it day and night, making sure you practice everything written in it. Then you’ll get where you’re going; then you’ll succeed. Haven’t I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don’t be timid; don’t get discouraged. God, your God, is with you every step you take.
- Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18):
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- Start a healthy lifestyle
- Lead a cell group of young adults
- Learn Mandarin
- Be like David when leading worship (2 Samuel 6:21-22):
David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord, who chose me rather than your father or anyone from his house when he appointed me ruler over the Lord’s people Israel—I will celebrate before the Lord. I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes. But by these slave girls you spoke of, I will be held in honor.
Let’s do this, 2015!