It’s been two years since a SOULDier last celebrated her debut (Kate, last March 2011), so you should understand that Selle (or Krissy)’s catwalk party was really a big thing for all of us. Not only because we’re (sort of) party-deprived, but also because it’s Selle’s turn to bloom from an always-crying girl, to a beaming lovely woman of God.
That night, we strutted to our best catwalk, hoarded the photobooth, swooned over our resident Mr. Pogi, Boaz, and had so much fun. We went home really exhausted, but with wide smiles on our faces. It was a good night. 🙂
As I said in a previous post, this month I’m going back to seven goals just to keep it to a minimum. All the other goals I scrapped, I plan on doing come Summer 2013 🙂
MARCH GOALS: Week 1
- Read and finish TWO books. – FINALLY finished The Best of A.W. Tozer! This week I began reading Beverly LaHaye’s The Spirit-controlled Woman. Although I’m still warming up to it, I’m sure I’ll learn a lot about my own temperament and how I can subject it to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. This one’s already my fourth book of the year! I’m so proud I’ve actually gone this far haha!
- Read the Bible and pray daily. – I praise God for bringing me into a higher level of understanding His Word. This week I’ve spent intimate quiet times with Him for four days. Soon enough, daily won’t be as much a goal as it is the norm 🙂
- Journal at least four times a week. – I’m still forcing myself to keep writing even when nothing much is going on. The important thing is to leave a mark. Make the day count and leave a mark. So this week, I wrote only once, but that’ll change for the next weeks.
Run at least four times a week.– Unfortunately I have not run a day this week, which I partly blame on my father going on vacation half the week and partly on myself for being a lazy daisy. This can’t go on!~
- Sleep early. – I slept early once! AT LEAST, RIGHT.
- Take Flickr-worthy photos. – Those photos up there should be proof that I’ve been using my camera a whole lot lately. I’m enjoying this feature I only discovered now, Creative Auto. I’m still determined to master the Manual setting, but for days I don’t feel like doing so, I now have a fall back that’s not Full Auto and without the flash :>
Look for work.– I don’t know why I’m still including this for this month since I know I’ll be busy the entire March for final things for work, but I’ll just leave it here anyway. I don’t have to be certain, I just have to trust You. 🙂
I’ll already take this time to greet my lovely anak, Chriselle Bendana, a blessed 18th birthday! (Her birthday’s really tomorrow). I hope you hold on to the verse I read to you last night:
14 Sing, Daughter Zion;
shout aloud, Israel!
Be glad and rejoice with all your heart,
15 The Lord has taken away your punishment,
he has turned back your enemy.
The Lord, the King of Israel, is with you;
never again will you fear any harm.
16 On that day
they will say to Jerusalem,
“Do not fear, Zion;
do not let your hands hang limp.
17 The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”