If I boast, I boast in the Lord.
I boast that throughout this entire year of teaching, He has given me the confidence to speak in front of crowds. I remember the first time I formally spoke in front of a crowd. It was back in 2011, and I shared about worry. I adapted the sermon from a podcast I listened to, and over uhms and aahs, and by God’s grace, I was able to minister to a group of company workers twice my age. It could only be God.
From then on, I began speaking more in front of crowds–which, by the way, is one of my greatest fears. Speaking in front while worship leading is totally different from sharing God’s Word, and while I’ve been doing the latter to small groups, it was only fairly recently that I kept getting tapped to speak to crowds.
I really don’t know why the Lord seems to be leading me to this direction, but I know that through this He is answering my prayer. It has always been my prayer to stop fearing public speaking, and slowly I find myself getting used to standing in front. It’s just amazing how the Lord works, ‘no? Always for His glory.
If I boast, I boast in the Lord. 🙂
(All photos c/o Kuya Tim :P)
Some highlights of this week, in bullets:
- sleepover with Ate Lysh and Nicolle; pasta, Catch Me I’m in Love & The House Bunny
- listening to Rainie Yang’s live tracks of Forget and Hello Future, plus a new ep, from Ate Lysh’s iTouch (!!!)
- KFC Un-Krushers with GG (Ate Lysh, Betsy, Tin, Selle, Ilka, Ione, Nicolle)
From 6 goals last month (and even if I accomplished only one item in that list) I ended up with 6 more goals for this month! That’s why you call it faith goals, because it may seem impossible, but I’m faith-ing it, so there’s no need to worry. There’s no such thing as overdoing it 😛
FEBRUARY GOALS: Week 1
- Read and finish one book. – Halfway done with my third book for the year, still The Best of A.W. Tozer.
- Read the Bible and pray daily. – Five days, which is NOT daily, but I would still consider a progress.
- Write one article. – NOT YET. But thanks to an inspiring conversation with my best friend Kai, I already have a battleplan for this month’s (IN JESUS’ NAME) article. It’s just a matter of actually writing it heh.
- Journal at least four times a week. – I wrote in my journal thrice this week!
- Run at least four times a week. – Ran three times, but more than that, I’m happy that I was able to run 1.7K without stopping! #PROGRESS
- Sleep early (9 PM). – No sleeping early this week 😦
- Take Flickr-worthy photos. – I’ll get there. For the mean time, here’s an attempt:
8. Look for work. – This week, I worked on this for four nights.
9. Apply for a student driver’s license. – Soon! I plan to work on this on the 22nd 🙂
10. (Of course) Learn driving. – My dad requires me to get a license first before he starts teaching me. After years of pushing this back, finally! I can already hope for a progress, especially since I made it pseudo-official by writing it down as this month’s goal :))
11. Renew passport. – If I want to travel soon, I should start working on this already, yes
12. Review journalism handouts. – There’s so much you could have forgotten in a year, even if you’re teaching said subject.
…’til next week!