It amazes me that I have not confused 2013 to 2012 yet ever since this year began. I guess I’m loving this year that much! It was an epic week once again. This week, my patience was tested a whole lot, one of my prayers was quickly answered, and I had a lot of fun with some of the most important persons in my life! The above picture is an example: last Saturday’s ~sleepover~ with Nicolle and Diego! Today, I also got to hangout at Eastwood + Diego’s Pizza with the Young Adults (which I will now begin calling YA; members: Ate Lysha, Kuya Mark, Kuya Tim, Kuya Fer and me!) plus special guests Ate Rizza and Shan!
I could blame that second shot of espresso for keeping me up, but really, I think it has a lot more to do with the fact that the weekend boosted my energy to take up this coming week. Week 3 of 2013, I AM SO READY FOR YOU!
I added another January goal, which you will read below!
JANUARY GOALS: Week 2
- Read and finish one book. – I’m on page 112/222 of Joshua Harris’ Boy Meets Girl! Did not progress that much from my bookmarked page last week (98) but I’ll get to it. I’ll do!
- Read the Bible and pray daily. – Except for Friday night, when I slept at 8 PM after an evening jog with my dad, I’ve been spending consistently spending my quiet time with the Lord. However, I feel like I’m still too lazy to spend this intimate time with Him; sometimes I write down my prayer items and forget actually praying about them! There are mornings too, when I would read over Chambers’ devotion of the day very quickly, just to say that I read it. If there is one thing I should take seriously the most, it’s this. It fuels my day–nay–it fuels my life.
- Write one article. – Things have been pretty busy since the year began, so no progress with this at all, but I pray that I’d still get to write before this month ends!
- Journal at least four times a week. – I wrote in my journal five out of the seven days of this week. Met my quota, so, not bad!
- Run at least four times a week. – I started running since Tuesday morning, and I have to say that I’m absolutely proud that I ran for three more days after that! So, yes, met my weekly quota with this goal, too!
- Sleep early (9 PM). – I was only able to do this ONCE this week, and I know that it’s really bad for my health that I sleep late and wake up early for my morning jog. However, I plan to stick to it this week (obviously not tonight), or should I say, embrace the fact that I’m already a lola who prefers sleeping early. Sleep is good, so I don’t mind having enough or more!
My planner has a space in its weekly pages for inspirations, highlights, and prayers. Sharing, because I’m incredibly proud of myself for whatever happened this week 🙂
highlight: Paglundag 🙂
prayers: Not my will for my life, but Yours, oh God. Everything I do, all for Your glory.
inspiration: Langgam youth, Tito Lyndon’s preaching, a letter, Diego Soriano and Nicolle Cruz
(Finally, I noticed that all I’ve been posting in my blog lately are my Smiles and Promises entries. I really want to keep writing even if I don’t get published, so maybe I’ll pick that WeBLOG series up again. We’ll see :P)